This Ikelite housing for the Canon Digital Rebel XTi (400D) allows eTTL2 operation with Ikelite Digital SubStrobes when connected to the housing's bulkhead by a sync cord. The TTL mode provides four half f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine-tune exposure. Eight manual power settings in half-stop increments allow for complete creative control. All this is controlled by pushing a button on the back of the housing.
The housing is rated to a depth of 200' (60 m). The auto exposure lock and focus lock are placed where they can be activated with your thumb while taking a picture. Camera installation is quick and simple and the o-ring seal can be checked visually through the clear housing.
The release handle system allows for easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms at the touch of a button. Two screws remove the handle and tray assembly for traveling. The housing is sized and weighted for near neutral buoyancy and superb handling underwater.
An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses. The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask.
Note: Requires Lens Port, to match specific lens on SLR camera. Please also note that zoom lenses require addition of a Close-Up #4 diopter filter on the lens.
Click here for Required Lens Ports.
- External Flash Ready
- eTTL2 compatible with Ikelite Digital Substrobes
- Clear Polycarbonate Construction
- Strong and corrosion-free; Unobstructed view of the camera's information and control functions with visual confirmation of o-ring seal
- Enhanced Viewing
- The Ikelite Super-Eye magnifier provided with the housing secures to the camera eyepiece and offers enhanced viewing while wearing a diving mask
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with Ikelite's pioneered Quad-Ring seal glands, one of the most reliable methods for sealing controls
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allow use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Release Handle
- Easy attachment and removal of SubStrobe mounting arms, and other accessories, at the touch of a button