The HCD 28mm f/4.0 Wide Angle Prime Lens from Hasselblad is a rear-focusing lens designed specifically for digital use on H-series Hasselblad cameras, including the H3D, HD4 and H2F. Because of this, the lens is not compatible with the Hasselblad 1.7x Converter, or the HM 16-32 and HMi 100 film magazines.
All HCD lenses have electronic shutter mechanisms and feature Multi Coating for efficient stray light elimination, an integral focus drive motor, and instant access to manual focus without switching between manual and auto focus
It is constructed with metal wherever possible, rather than plastic, in order to ensure reliability and durability year after year. In addition, the special optical design of the lens provides a uniquely soft, smooth quality to the blurred or out-of-focus areas of the image. It supports 95mm threaded filters and includes lens shade and bayonet mount and can be reverse mounted for transport.
- Rear-Focusing 37x49mm Format Lens
- The HCD 28mm lens is designed solely for digital use, and this means that the lens is designed for a format of 37x49mm - it does not cover the 41.5x56mm film format.
- For Hasselblad H3D / HD4 Cameras
- The HCD 28mm f/4 is designed for use on the Hasselblad H3D, H4D and the H2F cameras. This lens is designed solely for digital use. This means that the lens is designed for a format of 37 x 49mm and does not cover the film format (41.5 x 56mm). The function is therefore disabled when using a film magazine.
- Electronic Shutter, Multi-Coated Lenses
- All HCD lenses have electronic shutter mechanisms and feature Multi Coating for efficient stray light elimination
- Focus Drive Motor & Instant Manual Focus
- Its integral focus drive motor provides accurate auto focus when you need it, with instant access to manual focus without having to take time switching between them.
- Metal & Plastic Lens Construction
- Putting their attention onto long-term reliability and durability, Hasselblad built this HCD lens using metal, not plastic, wherever possible. In addition, the special optical design of the lenses provides a uniquely soft, smooth quality to the blurred or out-of-focus bokeh areas of the image.
- Filter Thread Diameter: 95mm
- The lens uses threaded filters and includes lens caps, as well as a bayonet mount lens hood that can be reverse mounted for transport.