Torq Conectiv from M-Audio is a complete package for the computer based DJ that includes Torq performance software and the Conectiv USB computer interface.
The software supports multiple digital audio formats, including MP3s, which negates having to cart around a heavy box of vinyl records or CDs. All the usual functions required for DJ work are supported within the software.
The Conectiv USB interface is very flexible in that it can function as use as a self-contained digital system, multi-effects processor, or as a slave from control CDs/vinyl. The inputs connect to all standard DJ mixers, turntables and CD players and even allows for mixing analog vinyl sources with digital tracks.
The Torq Conectiv Vinyl/CD Control Pack includes the Torq Control Vinyl disc, that allows a DJ to control audio files in the Torq software with the same feel and response as real vinyl records. By connecting a turntable to the Conectiv interface and enabling external control in Torq, the performer is able to cue and scratch, just as if they were using the original records.
The Torq Control CD functions in a similar manner, but uses instead a DJ CD player. Both methods provide fast response and bi-directional positioning, ensures that Torq precisely tracks the control discs for easy beat-juggling.
Torq Performance Software
- Cue, beat-match and mix digital audio files, including MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA and AAC
- Works instantly and seamlessly with M-Audio SynchroScience DJ hardware
- Automatic beat-matching and integrated time-stretching/compression
- Sixteen-cell, tempo-synced sampler
- Two "virtual" decks for loading and playing files
- Two-channel mixer with three-band EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfader
- Performance recorder
- Supports optional third-party VST effects
- Organizes digital audio files (including iTunes library) into easily searchable database
- Controllable with traditional DJ hardware using compatible Torq Control Vinyl and Torq Control CDs
- Controllable via mouse, keyboard or MIDI controller
- Functions as a ReWire slave
Conectiv USB Interface
- Four input/four output USB 1.1 audio interface with 16-bit/48kHz resolution
- Four RCA phono input connectors configurable for either line-level or phono signals
- Four RCA phono line outputs
- Two mix knobs for blending between the audio input and computer output
- Crossfade cue source with headphone split function
- Dynamic microphone input
- Headphone output with volume control
- Core Audio and ASIO compatible
- USB bus-powered
Torq Control Vinyl and CD
- Ultra fast response
- Bi-directional positioning allows for advanced scratching and beat-juggling techniques
- Heavy-duty construction Torq Control Vinyl built to handle long hours of use