The Tokina 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X 535 PRO DX Lens is a large-aperture telephoto zoom lens designed exclusively for use with digital SLR cameras. It features a fast constant aperture of f/2.8, and provides a focal length equivalent to 75-202mm in 35mm format. This zoom range covers a broad range of frequent telephoto situations.
The lens features SD glass lens elements to correct for chromatic aberrations and focuses all colors accurately at the film plane.
DX series lenses feature a smaller image circle (rear of lens) and are designed to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note! Not recommended for use with "full-frame" FX digital or 35mm film SLR cameras. AF not supported by D40 and D60 cameras.
- WP Coating
- WP (Water Proof) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the new lens through the use of a unique evaporation process. As a result, the lens offers excellent water- and oil-repellent performance and makes for easier cleaning should the lens be accidentally smeared with fingerprints or cosmetics.
- IFS (Internal Focus System)
- This lens incorporates an internal focusing system, which eliminates front lens rotation, allowing the use of a Perfect Hood and easy to use circular polarizing filter. Handholding is easy since focusing and zooming do not change its overall length.
- Focus Clutch Mechanism
- The Focus Clutch Mechanism provides faster, smoother autofocus operation with fast and easy switching between manual and autofocus from any position.
- 9-Blade Aperture
- The rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.