The DriveRack 4820 from dbx is a highly configurable signal processing system, for use in touring and large installation applications. The unit provides all of the DSP functionality of the 4800 with a tamper-proof front panel for secure installation use. With the very powerful DSP engine, multiple analog and digital inputs and outputs, and comprehensive insert processing functions, the unit is able to provide every processing function needed "between a mixer and the power amplifiers."
Each input features a 31-band graphic EQ, followed by a 9-band parametric equalizer. Two slots are provided for "dropping-in" a range of processors, which are followed by variable time delay circuits. Each input can have the processors linked with adjacent channels, which in turn can access any of the outputs. The output blocks start with variable crossover selections and are followed by a parametric EQ, two insert slots and variable time delays. An Advanced Feedback Suppression Wizard helps tame feedback with little sonic degradation of the source signal.
Since the unit has no front-panel control, the DriveRack 4820 comes with System Architect Control software for Windows XP to provide programming duties. All the front-panel controls of the DriveRack 4800 are mirrored in the software which, in addition, provides networking configuration set-up. From signal routing, EQ, and band-pass filters, to classic dbx dynamics and feedback suppression, all the processing needed for tour sound or installation is available within the unit, along with sonic excellence.
- Comprehensive PA and installation signal processor with flexible routing and insert capabilities per channel
- Offers all the DSP functionality of the 4800 with a tamper-proof front panel for secure installation use
- Four analog and AES/EBU digital inputs
- Eight analog and AES/EBU digital outputs
- 31-band graphic and 9-band parametric EQ on every input
- 6-band parametric EQ on every output
- Selectable DSP inserts on all inputs and outputs including classic dbx compression, limiting and advanced feedback suppression, among others
- Full band-pass filter, crossover and routing configurations with Bessel, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Configurations can be saved in up to fifty preset locations
- 48kHz and 96kHz operation
- System Architect Control software for Windows XP for individual and multiple unit set-ups and networking