The m802-AES from Grace Designs is an A/D converter card option that provides m802 users with state of the art A/D conversion for demanding music recording applications. The card provides A/D conversion that is transparent, and matches the musical character of the m802 preamplifier.
The converter's analog input circuitry is simple and pure. The fully differential circuitry contains no electrolytic capacitors and utilizes precision 0.5% tolerance thin film resistors, to ensure the absence of signal coloration from capacitor dielectric absorption and resistor thermal modulation. Careful attention to grounding and power supply layout eliminates any sonic aberrations.
The A/D converter employs a fifth-order delta-sigma modulator and a low pass filter that exhibits very wide dynamic range and low latency. It is capable of 120dB dynamic range with distortion and noise artifacts at less than -110dB. Separate power supplies for the analog and digital portions of the A/D converter ensure that the modulator will not be affected by other surrounding circuitry.
- World class, eight-channel A/D converter performance with 24-bit resolution and 44.1kHz to 192kHz sample rates
- Multiple clock sources include internal crystal, external Wordclock and loop sync
- Clock output can be Wordclock in, recovered Wordclock or internal reference Wordclock
- Very low distortion conversion
- Low phase noise, wide lock PLL for external clock. Locks to Fs +/- 8%
- Extremely low jitter s-Lock crystal based PLL
- Two sets of eight-channel AES3 outputs on DB25 connector
- Eight channels of AES3-id/IEC60958 (S/PDIF) outputs on BNC
- Single wire and dual wire operation (eight channels via DB25, four channels via BNC)
- All ADC parameters are adjustable from the m802 remote control or the m802 front panel
- All data outputs are transformer coupled