The Mackie VLZ3 series are the latest in the popular VLZ line of small format mixing consoles. The VLZ3 is an improvement on the favored design with enhanced XDR2 microphone preamplifiers, an ultra quiet mix bus with improved headroom and a new look.
The 1202-VLZ3 features twelve balanced line inputs, four high quality XDR2 mic preamps, four insert points (mono channels 1-4) and ALT 3-4 outputs, which give users alternatives from routing signal to the stereo "Main Out". Using the "ALT 3-4" and "Main" outputs simultaneously provides four-bus style routing to multitrack recorders, monitors, etc. Perhaps the most impressive feature is in the mic preamps. Premium studio-grade, Extended Dynamic Range (XDR2) mic preamps provide an incredible 130dB dynamic range and 0 to 60dB gain range providing pristine audio and low noise floor. XDR2 mic preamps are optimized for 24-bit, 192kHz sample rate recording.
- Improved XDR2 Microphone Preamplifiers
- Four improved XDR2 microphone preamps provide an impressive 130dB of Dynamic range. The microphone preamps deliver a wider frequency range than the older XDR mic preamps.
- Improved Mix Bus
- All VLZ3 series mixers have more headroom and less distortion thanks to an improved mix bus. Negative Summing results in a quiet output signal with improved gain.
- Rugged Construction
- All Steel construction virtually eliminates noise caused by bad grounding. Because the chassis is steel, connections are automatically grounded on contact.
- Flexible Routing Options
- The 1202-VLZ3 PRO provides Inserts on all mono channels. ALT 3-4 provides a second stereo bus. Use the ALT 3-4 and Stereo main Outputs as a 4-bus configuration.
- Compact Design
- The compact enclosure allows users to rack mount the mixer using the optional rack ears.