The Fujinon HA18X7.6DERD-S is a 2/3" lens with 18x optical zoom. The lens comes with a 2x extender for instant telephoto. Known for their high build quality and precision optics, Fujinon lenses have become the industry standard for professional video applications all over the world.
This lens will not only resolve images for high-definition acquisition, it's also equipped with a wide array of extra features such as QuickZoom technology. Quickzoom makes it easy to verify focus by allowing instant telephoto zoom capability.
- High Definition Ready
- Many high-definition cameras are hamstrung by insufficient optics. Electronic News Gathering (ENG) lenses traditionally have been built to accommodate standard-definition. This lens is designed specifically with high-definition in mind. The optics increase fidelity, making sure HD footage is crystal clear.
- Integral 2x Extender
- For instant close-up shots, the lens has a switch that inserts an element that doubles the focal length at any point in the zoom range. Instead of using the zoom function, the extender gives immediate close-up images.
- QuickZoom Technology
- The lens has an added zoom capability when using the QuickZoom switch. At the touch of a button, the lens can move to full telephoto in less than a second. This provides a no-hassle way of verifying focus.
- Internal Focus
- The lens element design fitted for the internal focus mechanism greatly reduces aberrations and image distortions. These advances contribute to more balanced imaging from center to edge throughout the aperture range.
- VFormat Correction
- Achieving 4:3 aspect ratios from a 16:9 CCD is usually performed by cutting off the sides of the imager, effectively making the minimum focal length more telephoto. Fujinon's VFormat technology preserves the same picture angles by shortening the original focal length. Shots in standard 4:3 hold the same image size as if shot in 16:9.