The Meade LXD75 N-6AT Telescope is a 6" Newtonian reflector featuring a strong, motorized German-type equatorial mount with 9 movement speeds as well as a 2" focuser to allow the use of 2" eyepieces and less-restrictive SLR camera adapters. Having a 2" focuser greatly adds to the versatility of this viewing instrument, and a 6" reflector should keep most beginners and amateurs entertained for quite some time.
The Newtonian reflector telescope design is among the most popular for beginners, because it is easy to use and grabs a lot of light per dollar in the budget. The drawbacks to this design are that it has an open cavity which requires periodic cleaning and the usable field of view is not as wide as some other designs.
- Bright 6" aperture Newtonian reflector
- Continuously comfortable eyepiece location leads to longer observing sessions
- Incredibly strong German-type equatorial mount with a 10-lb counterweight
- Smooth movement through worm gears and stainless steel ball bearings
- Suitable for use with SLR cameras and other imaging solutions
- Operates upon 8 "D" batteries for 40 hours, but can also use optional #547 AC adapter or #607 cigarette lighter cord