Schneider 4 x 4" Light Control Filter Kit
One-Stop Polarizing Filter - While the standard Schneider True-Pol is 1-3/5 stops, the Schneider One Stop Linear Polarizer significantly reduces reflections while reducing available light by just one stop.
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Digicon - The Schneider Digicon filter is used for a "filmic look" when shooting with digital cameras; When used in front of the lens, it optically raises black levels while lowering highlights
Low Con - The Low Contrast 2000 Water White Glass Filter has always been popular with Directors of Photography, because it mutes the excessive contrast often found in nature, and can also desaturate a scene for artistic mood. The lighter values can be used to just take the high contrast "edge" off of today's best lenses.
Linear Polarizing Filter
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation
- Combined with in camera gamma settings and/or post production, a higher dynamic range can be recorded
- The filters are used in a matte box mounted to the camera and are geared toward digital shooting
- The result is more detail in highlight and shadow areas with no loss of resolution or softening of the image
- Filter produces no color shift and highlights are clean and halo-free
- May be used on a 35mm cine camera to approximate the look of a lower contrast film stock
- LowCons can be used in front of the longest lenses, singly or in combination with any other Schneider filters, to make combinations that provide the greatest range of image control
- Designed and manufactured to the extremely high standards that Schneider is known for - any same-strength LowCon 2000 filters can be switched between A and B cameras, or lost filters can be replaced, with no discernable difference in scene effects
- Schneider solid color filters feature crystal clear, water-white optical glass, protected against edge-chipping and delamination by Schneider's unique Edge Seal, which also significantly reduces edge reflections and flare
Schneider Quality Control
- Schneider filters are ground and polished to a precise flatness and plane parallelism
- Because all Schneider filters are designed and manufactured with the highest possible degree of consistency, you can swap like filters mid-shoot with no discernible variation in color or effect