Acoustic Legends HD from Vir2 and distributed by Big Fish Audio, is a virtual instrument that features the world's best guitars from McPherson, Taylor, Gibson, Martin and other manufacturers. Types include steel string guitars, nylon strings, twelve strings, acoustic bass, as well as a bonus folder featuring mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
Recorded with 24-bit/96kHz resolution, the samples feature all manner of playing styles, including picked notes, finger picked notes, natural and artificial harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, chords, release layers and fret noises.
The collection also contains numerous chord banks, with chord types fingered in varying positions, and with multiple velocity layers and multiple takes per layer. With both up-strokes and down-strokes, the user can easily construct all manner of rhythm tracks.
The KONTAKT 2 player included with Acoustic Legends HD provides for further sonic manipulation, using EQ and reverb. The player functions stand-alone or as a plug-in, and allows for multiple instruments to be loaded per instantiation, that can be triggered from discrete MIDI channels.
- 19GB of acoustic guitars samples on three DVDs
- Recorded with 24-bit/96kHz resolution, utilizing the finest in high-end microphones and preamps, and including release layers, fret noise, finger noise and more
- Numerous articulations and styles of playing, including finger picked, plastic picked, harmonics, harmonic chords, mutes, single notes and chord banks
- Huge chord library, from both 6- and 12-string guitars, featuring twelve different chord types and optional capo control. Includes down- and up-strokes, mute strums, body knocks, allowing for the creation of authentic rhythm guitar strumming patterns
- Variation patches for each guitar, including delays, phasers, choruses, flangers, compressors and unusual effects
- Optimized onscreen EQ controls, built-in reverb module and stereo width control
- Remote control of various sonic parameters available via MIDI CC
- Multi-timbral operation
- Operates in all major hosts that support Audio Units, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-in formats