The Schoeps CCM4 is a miniature cardioid microphone with detachable cable. The radial design is a direct result of the demand for a cardioid capsule where the maximum pick up occurs on the side as opposed to the front (top) of the capsule.
The acoustically transparent housing is particularly effective in reducing high frequency signal energy at the off-axis sections of the capsule, a common problem among standard cardioid elements. The linear frequency response features a slight rise at 10kHz, which enhances presence and intelligibility. The cardioid lateral pick up and high frequency response characteristics render the CCM4 more than viable for speech, general instrument capturing, mono and stereo ambiance capturing.
- Radial Pick-up Design
- Lateral cardioid pick up pattern is the result of a design that enables the maximum pick up response to occur on the side of the capsule.
- Detachable K5 LU Cable
- This version of the CCM4 features a detachable cable allowing easier microphone interchanging and placement.
- Off-Axis High Frequency Rejection
- The CCM4 provides exceptional high frequency rejection at the off-axis sections of the capsule.
- Wide Linear Frequency Response
- The wide frequency response ensures accurate detail regardless of the source signal.
- High Frequency Rise
- A slight rise in frequency response occurs at around 10kHz. The result is greater presence and intelligibility.