The Sony DCR-DVD108 Digital Camcorder advances the simplicity of making and sharing videos by recording directly onto DVDs, so you can then immediately play your recordings back in most current home and PC DVD players. In addition to incredible compatibility, the DCR-DVD108 presents an easy way to shoot, edit, play and share video memories. And thanks to the storage size of the DVD, you're able to capture thousands of JPEG still images in VGA resolution.
A compact camera, with a broad, advanced range of features, the camcorder will add a new dimension to the efficiency of your digital video recording.
- Advanced HAD CCD
- The Advanced (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD design allows more light to reach the imager, which reduces video noise to improve the signal-to-noise ratio.
- DVD Recording
- The camcorder will record on to Dual-Layer (DL) DVD-R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RW formats. Discs will be able to hold up to 60 minutes of video (LP Mode). In the DVD-RW format, users will have the flexibility to do simple in-camera editing. This includes the ability to erase the last video and re-shoot the desired scene. In addition, in VR (Video Recording) mode, users can design a playlist of video clips, rearrange the order of the scenes, and insert images for a more customized assembly.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
- The camcorder's Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens uses an advanced optical multi-layer lens coating that reduces glare and flaring, while providing improvement in detail and contrast. This results in vivid image brilliance, true-to-life color saturation, and perfect renditions of subtle tones.
- SwivelScreen Touch Panel LCD Screen
- With the touch panel monitor, you no longer need worry about using a joystick or mess of buttons to access in-camera features and effects.
- Dolby Digital AC-3 (2 Channel) Stereo Audio Recording
- This mode is an advanced form of digital audio recording, with sophisticated noise reduction technology, all of which provides outstanding, lifelike sound quality in almost any situation.
- Digital Still Memory Mode
- Captures high quality still images at 640 x 480 resolution directly to a Memory Stick PRO memory stick. The camcorder stores the images in the JPEG format, providing easy transfer to PCs for emailing, printing, or sharing with family and friends.
- Super NightShot Plus Infrared System
- An advanced version of the NightShot Infrared System, Super NightShot Plus allows users to record natural color images in low-light conditions.