The 2-610 from Universal Audio is a two-channel, tube microphone preamplifier based on the legendary Universal Audio 610 modular console. It also includes a pair of instrument inputs (DI) and two bands of shelving EQ per channel.
Unlike many vintage "style" microphone preamps, the 2-610 is true to the design of its predecessor, while still being able to deal with the rigors of the modern studio. Added functionality includes more boost/cut settings on the EQ, phantom power and impedance controls.
The unit is a transformer design, featuring double sized alloy cores with custom windings and is the perfect tool for tracking. Whether running a purely analog signal chain or seeking to enhance a digital audio workstation, the 2-610 will bring classic tube character to any recordings.
- Two channel tube based microphone and instrument preamplifier with two band shelving EQ per channel
- Classic sound of the legendary 610 modular console
- Variable input gain and output levels
- Multiple impedance settings
- Custom-wound, double sized alloy transformers
- Ultra quiet operation