The Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Digital Camera combines the superb image capture capability of Fujifilm's Super CCD SR sensor with a fully functional and durable professional metal alloy SLR camera body. The Super CCD SR Pro uses a unique layout of twelve million paired photodiodes (6.17 million larger 'S' photodiodes for main image information, combined with 6.17 million smaller 'R' photodiodes for bright area information), and delivers improvements in noise reduction, dynamic range, color accuracy and tonality. Furthermore, the Real Photo Processor Pro ensures optimized image quality with two stages of noise reduction that delivers an impeccably clean image, and also permits light sensitivity up to ISO 3200 whilst achieving sharp, low-noise images - regardless of the shutter speed.
The FinePix S5 Pro also affords the user much greater control over the unique image parameters that its technology provides. Six stepped dynamic range settings between 100% (normal dynamic range) and 400% (dynamic range expanded by two stops) will enable the photographer to achieve exactly the tonal feel to their images that they want. In addition, three distinct settings for the 'negative film' preset option will further enhance the customizable nature of the camera, giving portrait photographers precisely the 'look' that they have in their mind's eye.
The FinePix S5 Pro is not only ergonomically designed to be comfortable to handle, it also incorporates a tough, magnesium alloy shell, with weatherproof seals so it is equally at home in the studio, or on a nature assignment in a humid rainforest - thereby truly deserving of the term 'workhorse'. The camera's shutter mechanism is also a testament to its durability, as it has been tested to exceed the key benchmark of 100,000 cycles without failure.
- Super CCD SR Pro
- Boasting 6.17 million high-sensitivity S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels for wide dynamic range, the unique double-photodiode matrix of the Super CCD SR Pro delivered an astonishing difference in image quality. Furthermore advanced filters reduce moire problems.
- Real Photo (RP) Processor Pro
- Through a vastly improved signal-to-noise ratio and "two cycles of noise reduction", the RP Processor Pro enables users to take full advantage of ultra-high sensitivity up to ISO 3200 while images maintain clarity with greatly reduced noise, wide dynamic range and smooth tonality.
- A Broad Menu of Dynamic Range Settings
- The FinePix S5 Pro gives you not only a wide dynamic range - critical to image quality, but also capability to choose the optimum dynamic range setting for each scene. The selectable D-Range options include AUTO, 100% (STD), 130%, 170%, 230% (W1), 300%, and 400% (W2).
- Film Simulation Mode
- This unique mode is the equivalent of changing film types to match shooting conditions or a desired color quality or tonality. Use the F1, F1a, F1b, and F1c mode for reproduction of natural skin tones, and the F2 mode for highly saturated, high contrast images.
- Compatible with Nikon F-mount Lens and other Nikon Accessories
The Nikon F-mount in the FinePix S5 Pro accommodates a full range of Nikkor F-series lenses - including AF-D, AF-G and AF-S type professional optics. The camera is also compatible with Nikon Flash units, the Nikon MB-D200 Extension Grip*, and the Nikon MC-35 GPS Adapter.
* Must use Fujifilm NP-150 Batteries, Nikon batteries and AA batteries will not work.
- Solid & Durable Body
- The robust lightweight magnesium-alloy body resists dust and moisture, and provides physical durability and shock resistance. Furthermore, the durable shutter unit has been tested to approximately 100,000 releases without fail.
- RAW+JPEG Dual-save Mode
- The FinePix S5 Pro also has the ability to record JPEG and RAW files simultaneously to the memory card. This will enable photographers to view and distribute smaller-sized JPEG images, whilst retaining the ability to work on the larger RAW files later on a PC or Mac. This dual option is available with a variety of image sizes, giving the option to store either a small, e-mailable file size, or a larger, more detailed JPEG.
- High-precision i-TTL Flash Control
- The FinePix S5 Pro offers Intelligent Flash with the i-TTL full-aperture exposure metering system providing outstanding results with all Nikon compatible speed lights. This allows you to take advantage of a host of creative lighting options, even on location.
- 2.5-inch LCD Display.
- The high quality 2.5" LCD Display provides over 235,000 pixels of resolution, gives 100% frame coverage, and accurate color, to accurately check image focus and color rendition. Further image confirmation comes form the ability to display an image histogram and view image metadata.
- Face Zoom Function
- Thanks to the Face Detection Technology LSI, with one press of a button, the camera detects up to ten faces almost instantly after each image is captured. After shooting and during playback, the photographer can easily and quickly zoom in and check facial details such as closed eyes, focus and exposure, and other quality considerations on the LCD monitor