The Horseman 55mm f/4.5 Apo-Sironar digital Lens Unit for SW-D II Pro is a Rodenstock 55mm Apo-Sironar digital with a standard Copal #0 shutter, but built into a Horseman-specific helical focusing mount and barrel assembly made to fit upon their SW-DII Pro camera. This lens provides a standard angle of view (equivalent to a 40mm lens upon a 35mm camera when used with a 36 x 48mm sensor), and its large image circle allows the full range of body movements available upon the SW-D II Pro. Distortion is negligible, and spatial relationships of objects captured in a scene will appear realistic.
The 55mm Apo-Sironar digital is one of the world's best lenses made specifically for the demands of digital photography, where absolute performance across a smaller image area are needed. The Apo-Sironar delivers, giving extremely high contrast and resolution from the center to the edge of the field, without color fringing or distortions that would otherwise limit the higher resolving capacity of medium format digital backs. Despite its incredible performance, it nonetheless provides a relatively large 125mm image circle, making it possible to mount traditional film backs upon the SW-D II Pro without any vignetting.
- A Rodenstock 55mm Apo-Sironar digital with standard Copal #0 shutter, built into Horseman-specific helical focusing mount/barrel assembly
- Exclusively made to fit the SW-D II Pro camera
- Allows full range of camera's ±17mm all-axis movement
- Ideally designed for use with digital backs, providing extreme color correction and no color fringing even at the periphery of its image circle
- Extremely fine resolving power when stopped down to between f/8-11
- Large maximum aperture aids focusing in poor light