The Tamron AF 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II LD Aspherical IF Macro Lens is a lightweight, compact and ultra high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras with APS-C sized imager sensors. The focal length of this lens is equivalent to approx. 27-375mm in 35mm format. This lens offers an extreme zoom ratio of 13.9X, and is designed as the everyday "all-in-one" lens for digital SLR cameras, covering wideangle to long telephoto.
The lens uses an optical system specially designed for digital SLR cameras. This resulted in the sufficient compensation of aberrations, including astigmatism, compactness, thanks to downsizing of the first group, a high zoom power, and optimum optical quality.
Note! Not compatible with 35mm or digital cameras with image sensor larger than APS-C size.
- Advanced Optical Design
- One LD (Low Dispersion) glass element and one AD (Anomalous Dispersion) lens in the first lens group minimize on-axis chromatic aberration. Two hybrid aspherical lens elements serves to meet the desired compactness despite its 13.9X zoom power.
- Internal Surface Coating to Reduce Ghosting and Flare
- This lens features Internal Surface Coatings (i.e., multiple-layer coatings on cemented surfaces of plural elements) and new multiple-layer coating technology on ordinary elements in order to minimize reflections that occur when light enters through the front element and to reduce image degrading effects caused by the imagers themselves.
- Zoom Lock Mechanism
- The Zoom Lock prevents unwanted barrel movement when carrying the lens/camera combination.
- Di-II Series Design
- Design has been improved by adding a gold-colored band between the focus and zoom rings to enhance the appearance and make it stand out as a Di-II lens. The rubber patterns of the zoom and focus control rings have been improved at the same time to compliment the digital camera design style and to provide better handling.