The AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II Lens from Nikon is a compact, lightweight standard zoom lens that has a 3.1x zoom range and is compatible with DX format Nikon DSLR cameras. This lens offers an equivalent focal length in 35mm terms of 27-82.5mm and will conveniently cover everything from wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives, incorporating tight interiors to standard snap shots to portraiture.
One Extra-low Dispersion glass element and one aspherical lens element correct chromatic and spherical aberrations for sharp, color-accurate imaging and Super Integrated Lens Coating enhances light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare. The Silent Wave Motor provides fast, precise and near-silent autofocus action which is particularly important when shooting video.
- Versatile DX Format Zoom Lens
- This lightweight DX format lens is an ideal everyday and travel lens with its compact form factor and versatile focal length range which is equivalent to a 27-82.5mm focal length in the 35mm format.
- Optical Design
- One ED glass element and one aspherical lens element provide high-resolution, high-contrast images while minimizing chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor)
- The improved SWM built into the lens offers smooth and quiet autofocus performance.
- Rounded Diaphragm
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.