Emulator X2 is a software sampler for Windows XP that offers the sound quality, synthesis and filters of E-MU's hardware samplers. It contains several unique features, including SynthSwipe, which will automatically sample and create playable presets from any hardware or software MIDI instrument.
TwistaLoop automatically analyzes any audio by dissecting it into its rhythmic components. It then allows for the editing of the audio with multiple loop points and regions, and offers total control over tempo with real-time audio time expansion/compression. A Morph Filter Designer allows the user to create custom filters.
Emulator X2 utilizes E-MU's 24-bit/192kHz sound engine and patented pitch interpolation, and can be run either standalone or as a VST instrument. The software includes over 3GB of sounds and a two input/two output MIDI interface that acts both as an interface, and as a security device for the software.
Emulator X2 Software
- Automated sampling, pitch detection and preset creation with integrated waveform editor
- Powerful synthesis architecture with over fifty Z-Plane filters and one-hundred tempo-based parameters per preset
- Stand-alone (64 MIDI channels) or VSTi operation (16 MIDI channels per instantiation)
- Sound Engine supports RAM and streaming playback
- Integrated effects processors
- Comprehensive sound format support, including EOS, EIII, GigaSampler, MP3, REX2, AIFF, SoundFont 2.1, WAV and more
- Ships with over 3GB of sounds, including the complete Proteus 2000 soundset, a 1.5GB Grand Piano, 24-bit drums and grooves and more, with additional soundsets available
Xmidi 2x2 MIDI Interface
- 2 In/2 Out MIDI interface
- USB 1.1 bus-powered
- Ultra-fast MIDI response
- Active-Sensing messages filtered
- MME, DirectMusic and CoreMIDI supported
- Multiple device support