Complete Photoshop CS3 for Digital Photographers is a completely updated edition of this insightful and practical guide to using Photoshop as your photographic editing tool.
All of the features of CS3 related to photography are thoroughly covered, and wide variety of new photos and tutorials are used to teach you how to organize, enhance, correct, and retouch images; how to do creative things with those images; and how to output them. As with the previous editions, the book is designed and written especially for digital photographers: it teaches them how to use the tools and features of Photoshop, while explaining why and how Photoshop functions the way it does.
Using Photoshop CS3 is essentially like having your own desktop digital darkroom, and with the help of tutorials in this book, you'll learn how to master this powerful tool. By working through the various projects, you'll explore the new and enhanced areas of Photoshop, including more in-depth coverage of each of these features, and how they are improved from the previous version.
And to help you master these tools, the book teaches professional techniques for overcoming the many challenges you'll face. After working through the book, you'll be able to bring out the best from any photo, while establishing an efficient workflow.
If you truly want to understand and master Photoshop CS3 for digital photography, this is the resource you need.
About the Author: Colin Smith (Irvine, CA) has written multiple books on subjects of Photoshop and digital tools, including the first edition of this book, Photoshop CS for Digital Photographers, How to Do Everything with Photoshop CS and CS2, New Masters of Photoshop1 & 2, Photoshop Most Wanted, and Photoshop Most Wanted 2.
He is also the author of a video training series from PhotoshopCS.com. His writing credits also include Mac Design Magazine, a regular column in Photoshop User, and weekly columns for Planet Photoshop and the official NAPP members' site. Colin is the founder of the very popular online community Photoshopcafe.com, and his work has been recognized by Photoshop User, Mac Design, Computer Arts, Dynamic Graphics, and WWW Internet Life magazines.
- Provides in depth resource for digital photographers
- Includes detailed tutorials that explore and explain the 'why' behind tools and techniques
- Details start-to-finish instruction for organizing and renaming pictures in Bridge, processing multiple RAW images, removing blemishes, and adding special effects
- Provides updated coverage of new features, tools, and techniques, including Lens Blur with a custom depth map, changing the color of an object within an image, Patch tool, Red Eye tool, Spot healing brush, Boise Reduction Filter, and more
- Includes advanced topical coverage from using curves histograms and eyedroppers, correcting and enhancing color and tone, to using LAB mode for correction, sharpening, and removing grain
- Covers everything from retouching faces, to using features like vanishing Point and Lens correction
- Teaches special effects techniques for turning photos into beautiful paintings, and merging multiple images seamlessly into collages and then creating frames to display these works of art