The H2 from Zoom is an easy-to-use, versatile stereo digital audio recorder that fits into the palm of your hand. Perfect for musicians, journalists, podcasters, and more, the H2 records high-quality WAV and MP3 files to meet any professional need. The H2 has 4 built-in microphone capsules, whose signals are decoded and combined to create a fantastic stereo image. You can record from the front at 90°, the rear of the unit at 120°, or you can record 360° to create a 5.1 mix of your audio.
The H2 records your audio onto easily-found SD flash cards with capacities up to 16GB. A 1GB card is included so you can begin recording right away. When a 4GB card is inserted, you can record up to 2 hours of audio at 96kHz, 6 hours at 44.1kHz, or up to 138 hours in MP3 format. The pocket-sized device runs on 2 standard AA batteries to provide up to 4 hours of continuous operation.
The intuitive interface provides you with one-button recording, along with auto start and gain functions. Controls include easy-to-use cursor, menu, and transport keys, as well as a 3-way mic gain switch and a volume up/down control. Two mini inputs are provided, one mic and one line. A stereo mini headphone output allows you to listen to your recordings right from the H2. A USB port allows you to transfer data to and from your Mac or PC, or to use the H2 as a USB microphone.
Note! In order to ensure compatibility with the latest operating systems and the highest capacity SD cards, please visit www.zoom.co.jp and make sure you have the latest firmware for your H2.
- Compact Form Factor
- This tiny recorder weighs only 4 ounces and slips easily into your pocket or bag for the ultimate in portability
- High-Quality Audio
- The recorder can record WAV files at up to 96kHz/24-bit or MP3 files up to 320kbps and VBR. Broadcast Wave Format allows you to add Time Stamp and Track Markers to your recording
- Multiple Recording Patterns Available
- The 4 built-in microphone capsules are arranged in a W-X/Y pattern, allowing you to record amazing stereo images from the front or rear of the recorder at 90° or 120°, or record at 360° to later convert your recordings into 5.1 surround sound
- The simple interface makes it easy to choose a recording pattern, start and stop recording, adjust gain, and more. The backlit LCD screen makes it easy to see vital information
- Automatic Recording and Pre-Recording
- You can set the H2 to automatically start and stop recording at the presence or absence of audio. This minimizes total recording time, but ensures you don't miss anything. If audio starts suddenly, the H2 records the most recent 2 seconds of audio in memory
- Automatic Gain and Low-Cut Filter
- An advanced Auto Gain Control (AGC) and low-cut filter allow the H2 to record audio at the most appropriate level while minimizing unwanted noise without having to adjust settings. If desired, you can also adjust the gain levels manually
- SD Card Recording
- The H2 records to easily-found SD cards with capacities up to 16GB. A 1GB card is included to get you started. With a 4GB card installed you can record up to 2 hours of audio at the highest quality setting, or up to 138 hours of MP3 audio 1
- AA Batteries
- The H2 uses 2 AA batteries to give you up to 4 hours of continuous use. The wall power adapter can also be used for longer operation
- Input/Output Options
- A mini microphone input with 3 levels of selectable gain, a mini line-level input, and a mini headphone/line output allow you to connect an external microphone, instrument, and your favorite pair of headphones
- Full-Speed USB
- A full-speed USB 2.0 port allows you to quickly transfer your audio files to and from your Mac or PC. It also allows you to use the H2 as a USB mic 2
- Normalization and File Splitting
- The H2 allows you to split any recorded file right inside the unit without external hardware or software. The normalizing feature lets you set the optimal volume level and convert WAV files into MP3s
- Tuner and Metronome
- A perfect tool for musicians, the H2 has a built-in tuner and metronome to keep you on pitch and on tempo
- Accessories Included
- The H2 comes complete with stereo earbuds, a mic clip adapter, power adapter, desktop tripod stand, USB cable, 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable, foam windscreen, and 1GB SD card so you can start recording immediately