The TASCAM MP-GT1 Portable MP3 Guitar Trainer combines an MP3 player and a guitar trainer in a palm-sized enclosure. Lightweight, easy to use, and packed with useful features, the MP-GT1 lets you take 240 MP3's of guitar practice anywhere you can take your guitar.
Both speed and pitch are independently variable, so you can not only slow down and loop MP3 passages in order to learn them; you can also adjust the pitch of the MP3 to match your tuning, so you don't have to tune up for every song. Another valuable feature is the guitar cancel mode, which removes the guitar part and lets you play along. And you won't have to lug your effects chain around with you, either--the MP-GT1 is fully equipped with overdrive, reverb, flanger, and other essential effects.
The lithium-ion battery that powers the MP-GT1 has a life of about 9 hours, so running out of juice mid-practice is not an issue. The direct USB connection allows you to charge the battery while you load up new tunes to play along with. And the built-in tuner and metronome complete the one-box practice solution.
Smaller than a stomp box and packed with the features practicing guitarists need, the MP-GT1 lets you practice just about anywhere, without breaking your back or the bank.
- 240-Song MP3 Player
- Based on an average four-minute, 128 Kbps MP3, there's room for 240 songs on the MP-GT1. Songs can be loaded via the integrated USB interface (cable included).
- Full Guitar Effects
- It's tough to practice if your guitar doesn't sound like it will when you're playing out, so the MP-GT1 comes equipped with a full set of guitar effects, from overdrive and distortion, to reverb and delay, to flanging and more.
- Pitch & Speed Control
- The pitch variation works both ways. You can slow down the speed without affecting the pitch, for learning difficult passages. And you can also vary the pitch without changing the speed, so your tuning matches the song's tuning, every time. Loop points can be set to facilitate practicing that lick that's got you stumped.
- Guitar Cancel
- The Guitar Cancel feature is like karaoke for guitar. The guitar track is stripped out of the music track, and you fill in the blank.
- Built-In Tuner and Metronome
- A chromatic tuner, an oscillator that can output any tone from C4 to B6, and a metronome are built right in. This really is a practice session in a box. The only thing missing is the blisters on your fingers.