The SPC82 from Whirlwind is a passive, rack mountable mic splitter designed for installed applications. The sleek, 1RU unit allows you to input eight mic channels and provides both direct and transformer-isolated outputs for each channel. The unit uses high-quality Whirlwind transformers for great audio quality.
All I/O connections are made via removable Phoenix-style connectors for making balanced connections. The isolated outputs will not pass phantom power, so the direct output must be connected to the source of phantom power if there is no power provided at the splitter. A series of ground-lift DIP-switches is provided on the back panel for eliminating hum caused by ground loops.
- Rack mountable mic-level splitter
- Each of the eight inputs has a direct and an isolated output
- Isolated outputs use high-quality Whirlwind transformers
- Removable phoenix connectors for all I/Os
- Rear-panel ground-lift DIP-switches help reduce hum caused by ground loops