Miroslav Philharmonik Classik Edition from IK Multimedia is an integrated "Orchestral Workstation" plug-in, combining the original Miroslav Vitous Orchestral sample collection, with a dedicated virtual instrument specifically tailored toward reproducing classical sounds and arrangements. The Classik Edition is functionally the same as the larger Miroslav Philharmonik, except for a reduced soundset.
To achieve acoustic realism, the string, brass and woodwind sections were originally captured in the correct acoustic orchestral positions in one of the most famous symphony halls in the world, the Dvorák Symphony Hall in Prague. This means that there is no need for acoustic space simulation with panning, since calling up the elements of the orchestra will instantly place them in the correct positions.
The Miroslav Philharmonik plug-in is based on an enhanced version of the SampleTank workstation architecture, offering sixteen multi-timbral parts, with full control over the tempo and pitch of the sounds. Each of the multi-timbral parts can be loaded by selecting one of more than 250 orchestral instruments included in the software. To make instrument searches easier, all of the instruments can be found in organized folders within the browser window.
- Virtual orchestra sound module with 250 sounds and 1.5GB of samples
- Sixteen-part multi-timbral
- Twenty classic DSP effects, with four available per instrument
- Multiple synthesizer engines including STRETCH and Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch
- Zone feature for accurate single sample editing
- 256 note polyphony
- Available as a VST, RTAS, AU plug-in as well as a standalone application, for both Mac OS X and Windows XP