The Gefen Inc. CAT59500HD is a transmitter and matching receiver kit that allows a user to separate computer components up to 200' (61 m,) far beyond the reach of standard desktop cables.
The CAT59500HD uses four inexpensive and common CAT-5e network cables to connect the sender and receiver over great distances. It supports all HD formats up to 1080p and does not degrade or downsample the resolution during transmission.
Sample installations include recording studios where noisy components like computer fans and hard drives need to be out of range of sensitive microphones. Another use is for security applications using a keyboard, video monitor, and mouse (KVM) control where the computer needs to be in a remote and/or secure location.
- Extends any HDMI/DVI, USB 1.1, PS2 or Serial RS232 compliant device up to 200 feet (61 m) away from the computer
- Helps to eliminate computer noise or hum and electro-magnetic interference created by desktop computers while video is transmitted digitally for zero signal loss
- Supports VESA standard resolutions, HDTV resolution and DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
- Uses four inexpensive standard CAT-5 network cables to connect sender and receiver
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p / 1920 x 1200 and is HDCP compliant