The Digital Entertainer HD Wireless Media Extender from Netgear lets you stream high-definition media from your Windows computer directly to your TV. The device connects directly to your home theater via standard inputs. It can stream HD video, music or images from your computer via either a wireless 802.11b/g connection or through a standard Ethernet connection. It can also act as a remote desktop client for Windows XP computers.
The Digital Entertainer HD is a great way to let you watch all your computer media on your HDTV. Don't trap yourself into watching movies on a small computer monitor or listening to music on a pair of computer speakers, add this device to your home theater setup and enjoy your media the way it was meant to be presented.
- Easily Stream Media
- The device lets you easily stream your videos, music and photos from your computer directly to your home theatre system. Just install the included Windows software to configure your system for media streaming and start streaming right away.
- Remote Desktop
- You'll be able to use the Digital Entertainer HD to control your computer from the comfort of your living room. This lets you browse the web and check your e-mail on your TV. You'll even be able to watch YouTube videos live on your television using this feature.
- High Definition Video Support
- The device supports High Definition Video - up to 1080p resolution - through its digital HDMI output. This makes it an excellent companion to stream high definition video from your computer to your HDTV in crystal-clear quality.
- Home Theater Outputs
- The Digital Entertainer HD has standard HDMI, Composite, S-Video and Component video outputs, allowing you to easily connect the device to almost any TV. Both standard RCA stereo audio outputs and digital coaxial and optical outputs are also available for sound output, giving you extreme versatility in how you connect the unit to your home theater.
- Remote Control
- In today's world watching television without a remote control is not an option, so the device comes with a remote control to let you easily control what you are watching.
- Wireless and Wired Networking Interfaces
- You have the option of connecting the Digital Entertainer HD to your computer via a standard wired Ethernet connection. For users with 802.11g wireless networks, the device integrates seamlessly and lets you stream media without having to physically tether the unit to your computer.