The compact Amphibico Dive Buddy Evo SE 7 electronic underwater housing is for the Sony HDR-HC9, HDR-HC7 and HDR-HC5 high definition camcorders. Built with marine grade aluminum and marine grade brass with stainless steel hardware that allows use of the camcorder features to depths up to 330'. Features include five electronic push button controls, electronic moisture sensor and flat lens port with full zoom capability. The monitor back has a large angled 3.5" color LCD display that makes framing, focus and other settings easy to see.
The Amphibico Discovery 10w HID Light is included in the kit. The metal halide lamp produces a bright 7500° K natural light which is needed to bring out the true natural colors of the underwater world. The compact light has the battery compartment inside the head and is constructed of aluminum. The light uses two NP-F550 or NP-F570 Sony batteries (not included). Also included is a soft shell carry case to transport all of your video gear safely.
- Monitor Back
- The monitor back has a large 3.5" Color LCD Viewfinder on the rear of the housing angled at 10° for easy enhanced viewing at arms length. The monitor back is powered with AA Batteries.
- Rugged Construction
- Aluminum marine grade housing coated with 2 coats of polyurethane and marine grade brass with stainless steel hardware, that provides corrosion resistance and ideal protection in any environment.
- Electronic Push Button Control
Electronic controls on right hand grip:
- Power on/off
- Mode change (Camera/Photo/VTR)
- Variable zoom speed (Tele/Wide)
- Focus lock
- Playback mode
- Depth Rating
- Maximum depth of 330' (100 m)
- Lens System
- Marine bayonet mounted 0.55x, 70° coverage hard coated amphibious conversion lens system
- Moisture Alarm
- Electronic moisture sensor with a flashing red light that lets you know if any water is leaking into the housing.
- Tally Light
- Flashing green tally light that lets you know when you are recording.
Discovery 10w HID Light
- 10w HID (high intensity discharge technology) lamp is 2 to 3 times brighter then halogen bulbs.
- Two NP-F550 or NP-F570 Sony batteries (not included) have a burn time of 2 hours
- Reflector has 52mm threads; Standard 52mm neutral density or color correction filters could be used to control the light.
- The wide angle reflector has a glass diffuser that produces a light without hot spots.
- Features Positive On/Off Switch and a dual o-ring seal.
- The all-in-one design is light weight and compact.