The ADAC-2 from ATI is a combination analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converter, and sample rate converter. The unit has three independent signal paths that allows users to convert one stereo program from analog to digital, a second stereo program from digital to analog and a third digital audio program from one sample rate to another, all simultaneously and without interaction.
The ADAC-2 is easy to set-up and use. An ADAC MODE button switches the front panel controls and displays between A/D, D/A, and SRC modes, allowing users to set up each function. This setup is saved when switching to the next mode. The unit includes selectable balanced and unbalanced analog inputs, transformer isolated AES I/O, S/PDIF I/O, optical I/O and Wordclock outputs for DAC and SRC sync.
The precision, ultra-low jitter internal clock can be configured to use Word, Bit, Master or Double-Master clock references. The condition of each signal path and all settings can be monitored by a comprehensive set of displays. Analog level is adjustable from the front panel, and a Class-A biased headphone output circuit with a dedicated level control, provides precise quality monitoring.
- Three independent A/D, D/A and SRC signal paths
- Discrete inputs and outputs for each converter section
- Adjustable sample rates from 32 to 192kHz and word lengths up to 24-bits
- Ultra-low jitter clock with exceptional stability
- Internal clock configurable to use Word, Bit, Master or Double Master clock as a reference
- Easy to use, intuitive push button operation with LED indicators
- Front-panel headphone output with Class-A amplification for precise monitoring
- Signal Monitor Display provides instant visual status
- Digital Error Display for fault diagnosis
- Front Panel Lock prevents unauthorized operation