The Neumann KM 183D is an omnidirectional, pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter. Neumann continues to make strides in microphone technology with internal digital conversion and an AES/EBU 42 output standard that allows remote software operation with the DMI-2 digital microphone interface, or direct connection to AES inputs on digital mixers, field recorders, etc.
The capsule, polar pattern and sonic characteristics are similar to the KM 183 analog model and is intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The omnidirectional polar pattern provides a generous pick up area and is suitable for X,Y (with cardioid mic and baffle plate) stereo miking, ambiance miking or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments organ and choir. The KM 183D features a non-reflective finish.
Note! Requires DMI-2 interface, AES/EBU or S/PDIF kit for direct connection to the digital inputs on portable recorders, mixers, computer interfaces, etc.
- AES/EBU Digital Output
- The KM 183D features a 24-bit AES/EBU digital output stage and built-in A/D converter for direct connection to the AES/EBU inputs on field-recorders, digital mixers, or the Neumann DMI-2 direct remote control unit.
- AES/EBU 42 Standard
- The digital output complies with the current AES/EBU 42 standard which, allows remote powering and software remote control via the optional DMI-2 interface.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- The omnidirectional polar pattern offers a generous pick up area, suitable for room ambiance capture as well as spot miking on piano, organ, wind instruments and choir.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.