The Neumann KM 185D is a supercardioid, pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter. Neumann continues to make strides in microphone technology with internal digital conversion and an AES/EBU 42 output standard that allows remote software operation with the DMI-2 digital microphone interface, or direct connection to AES inputs on digital mixers, field recorders, etc.
The capsule, polar pattern and sonic characteristics are similar to the KM 185 analog model and is intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The supercardioid polar pattern minimizes noise and off-axis audio signal. Vocals and instruments are captured without feedback, and ambiance. The KM 185D features a non-reflective finish.
Note! Requires DMI-2 interface, AES/EBU or S/PDIF kit for direct connection to the digital inputs on portable recorders, mixers, computer interfaces, etc.
- AES/EBU Digital Output
- The KM 185D features a 24-bit AES/EBU digital output stage and built-in A/D converter for direct connection to the AES/EBU inputs on field-recorders, digital mixers, or the Neumann DMI-2 direct remote control unit.
- AES/EBU 42 Standard
- The digital output complies with the current AES/EBU 42 standard, which allows remote powering and software remote control via the optional DMI-2 interface.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- The supercardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback.
- Compact Rugged Construction
- The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.