The Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS (Optical Stabilizer) Lens offers an "all-in-one" super-zoom lens solution, from wide-angle to long telephoto. It provides the equivalent focal range of approx. 29-320mm when used with a Canon digital SLR camera*. This lens has now been updated with the OS (Optical Stabilizer) system, which minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 2-3 stops faster. This allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions.
The 18-200mm's optical design incorporates aspherical lenses and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which provides the utmost correction for all types of aberrations. It also enables this extended super-zoom lens to be housed in a compact and lightweight construction.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is sized to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
Note! (*) Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or for any digital SLR camera with image sensor bigger than APS-C size, e.g. 1D series or Kodak Pro SLR/c.
- The OS system uses two sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement of the camera. It works by moving an optical image stabilizing lens group, to effectively compensate for camera shake. It automatically detects movement of the camera and compensates for camera shake when shooting a moving subject such as motor sports.
- This DC (Digital) lens is designed so that the image circle matches the smaller size of the image sensor of most digital SLR cameras. Its specialized design gives the lens the ideal properties for digital cameras; the compact and lightweight construction is an added bonus.
- Two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements and three hybrid aspherical lenses provide high quality images throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare.
- The lens design incorporates an inner focusing system, which prevents the front of the lens from rotating, thereby making it particularly suitable for use with circular polarizing filters and petal shaped lens hoods.
- A magnification scale is displayed on the lens barrel for each focal length, ensuring ease of use.