The mini KP from Korg, is a portable effects processor that utilizes a "touch-screen" pad to control various aspects of the unit's operation. Moving a finger left to right across the pad controls certain aspects of the sound. Moving it up and down controls other set of parameters.
Since different effect parameters are assigned to the X-axis and Y-axis of the touch-pad, the user is able to control multiple parameters at the same time, for example varying the delay time and the feedback simultaneously, a function that in conventional processors would require two-handed operation. It's also easy to apply complex effects by rubbing or tapping the pad with a fingertip.
The mini-KP provides battery operation and mobility for the DJ, while its portability makes it perfect for outdoor live events, or for use with a portable audio player. The unit is equally suited for home studio applications, containing one hundred effects including filter, delay and a looper, all covering a wide range of musical styles.
- Intuitive touch-pad interface provides fingertip effect control in real-time
- The smallest body in the KAOSS Pad series
- Battery operation and a carrying strap make it an ideal choice for portable applications
- One hundred effects including filter, delay, and looper meet the needs of any musical style
- Numerous BPM effects are provided. The mini-KP can be synchronized to a song's tempo, and a wide range of effects applied, using the "TAP/BPM" button
- An "FX RELEASE" function provides a natural decay when changing effects or removing a finger from the pad
- Hold function memorizes the position at which the touch-pad was last touched when releasing a finger
- Two memory keys, A and B, store favorite effect program settings, including the effect depth and the Hold on/off status