Surprisingly compact. Remarkably sturdy. Attractively priced. The Slik Master Classic tripod is a quality instrument pleasing professionals and advanced amateurs alike. As an enduring classic, it is Slik's definitive example of how good their fit and finish can be in an everyday walkabout: if you come to love working with the Master Classic, as so many eventually do, you'll also love its bigger sibling "Professional" lineup of exemplary studio tripods.
Portable yet sturdy, the Master Classic features a removable multi-action head with a single pan/tilt adjustment; screw the knob counterclockwise to allow left/right or up/down movements, and achieve vertical orientation of the camera through the rotation of the camera mount plate incorporated in to the head. This allows for photography at any angle with no blind spots, and less total parts for more reliability and lower mass.
While not a quick release design, the Master Classic's camera mount post is spring-loaded and can be adjusted by turning the tensioner to match the tread depth of the lens/camera in use, allowing more secure mounting of heavy equipment upon the head.
The rugged grooved tubular leg design prevents turning when unlocking or locking the legset, with beveled aluminum locks that are quick to communicate to your hands in any conditions. Geared action upon the center column is silky smooth and reliable, with 11.6" (295 mm) of height adjustment that is particularly useful when trying to make small adjustments at close shooting distances or with heavy camera/lens combinations.
- Hits the Sweet Spot
- Nearly ideal numbers for many an average adult; a 64" maximum height, 52" working height, 24" minimum height and 25" collapsed length in a tolerable 5.7 lb weight. Why spend too much or perpetually carry what you almost never use? Try some simple enduring quality.
- Heavy-duty construction great for use with 35mm SLRs with long telephoto lenses & medium format cameras
- Multi-faceted panhead with rotating camera platform & single arm operation
- Simple, quick and light spring-loaded 1/4"-20 camera screw
- Wonderful geared column action
- Angled rubber leg tips
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 28mm