The Epson Stylus Pro 7800. wide-format printer incorporates forward-thinking designs with a breakthrough new 8-color ink technology, resulting in a final print of uncompromising quality. The Epson UltraChrome K3 ink technology represents a defining moment in the history of ink jet printing. Epson UltraChrome K3 ink incorporates eight new color pigments, including three-level black technology, dramatically raising the bar for professional color and black and white prints. You'll produce archival prints with amazing color fidelity, gloss-level, and scratch resistance, while providing consistently stable colors that significantly outperform lesser ink technologies. You'll also produce professional neutral and toned black and white prints with higher density levels and virtually no metamerism or bronzing. Incorporating the latest 1-inch wide printhead, produces almost twice the print performance of previous models. While an astonishing resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi deliver a level of image quality that even exceeds Epson's previous best.
Capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, up to 24-inch wide, Epson once again sets the standard for professional media use. Whether you're producing sellable color or black and white photography, fine art reproduction, or producing color accurate proofs for client approvals, never before have creative professionals had such a powerful tool allowing them to produce their vision without compromise. The Professional Edition also includes a custom-designed PostScript Language Level 3 Compatible RIP by ColorBurst for professional workflow and color management support.
- 8-Channel Print Head Technology
- The breakthrough print head design is capable of handling eight separate ink channels and the 1-inch wide high-performance print head has 180 nozzles per channel for fast print speeds
- Maximum Resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
- The Stylus Pro 7800 produces incredibly sharp text and line art with extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Variable-Sized Droplet with AMC Technology
- The Stylus Pro 7800 produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality. Furthermore, the proprietary Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media. The result is extremely sharp and accurate placement of ink droplets for outstanding photographic print quality.
- Epson PreciseColor Technology
- In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has enhanced the production process to include colorimetric calibration. This system evaluates and adjusts each printer's difference at the manufacturing stage, assuring you of consistent color output from printer to printer.
- Automatic Print Head Alignment and Print Head Cleaning Technology
- A built-in sensor reads printed data for highly precise alignments of all color channels, and auto aligns both single and bi-directional print modes while another built-in sensor reads the nozzle check pattern and automatically cleans the print head if any problems are found - even for partially clogged nozzles
- Epson UltraChrome K3 Ink Technology
Epson UltraChrome K3 ink technology uses an 8-color ink set that incorporates three unique levels of black, which along with the latest color pigment technology, dramatically improves both color and black and white prints. Imagine producing archival prints with amazing color fidelity, gloss level, and scratch resistance, while providing stable colors from the moment prints exit the printer.
- 8-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
Incorporating high density pigments, Epson UltraChrome K3 produces prints with an extremely wide color gamut allowing the reproduction of colors that were originally envisioned at the point of capture. With its expanded color gamut and breakthrough 8-color system, no other ink set can reproduce the three dimensional lifelike quality and stunning photographic feel of Epson UltraChrome K3 inks. Furthermore, Epson UltraChrome K3 ink incorporates High-gloss Microcrystal Encapsulation Technology along with unique screening algorithms and Light Light Black ink that significantly reduces gloss differential. There is no longer any compromise for professionals that require glossy prints that have excellent longevity and durability.
- Three-Level Black Ink Technology
Utilizing a unique three level black ink technology, Epson UltraChrome K3 ink significantly improves overall gray balance while enhancing midtone and highlight detail yielding a smoother tonal range. And by virtually eliminating metamerism and bronzing, both black and white and color prints can be produced with the look and feel of a traditional photograph while utilizing all the advantages of a digital workflow.
- Advanced Black and White Printing Technology
Epson's unique driver technology takes full advantage of the new three-level black ink system, allowing the production of the highest quality neutral and toned prints from a single ink set. In addition, proprietary Epson screening technology, developed specifically for black and white printing, produces outstanding image quality with no color crossover or color cast. For the first time photographers can make sellable black and white prints without going into a darkroom.
- Two User-Exchangeable Black Ink Modes
With two different black ink modes - Photo Black and Matte Black - Epson UltraChrome K3 provides an innovative solution to optimize the black ink density for various media types. Photo Black ink can be used for all media types with professional quality results. The optional Matte Black ink significantly increases black optical density when printing on matte and fine art type papers. This innovative solution enables the use of just one printer for all media types.
- 8-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
- Professional Media Handling
- The Epson Stylus Pro 7800 Prints on virtually any media type, up to 24-inch wide and all media is loaded via a unique straight-through media path via front of printer. This system permits accurate automatic loading of cut sheet media up to 24-inch wide in a variety of weights up to 1.5mm thick posterboard. There is also the option of using roll media with the user-adjustable Roll Media Spindle that accepts either 2-inch or 3-inch media cores. The Printer also supports printing on both sides of the media without damaging the previously printed side, while the built-in Automatic Cutting System supporting most media types and an optional Manual Media Cutter for cutting even the thickest of media types
- True BorderFree Printing
- The Stylus Pro 7800 is capable of printing off both left and right edges of roll based media, while automatically cutting top and bottom edges to produce a full-bleed print on all four sides
- Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- The Epson Stylus Pro 7800 uses eight individual ink cartridges and utilizes both 110ml and 220ml ink cartridges simultaneously to optimize ink usage. The unique pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges. Furthermore, the ink Cartridge system also allows users to replace ink cartridges on the fly, even during the middle of a print job thereby greatly increasing productivity.
- Epson PrintJob Information System
- The built-in printer memory automatically tracks key print job statistics, such as ink and media usage, remaining media, data file and user names, print times and more. These reports can be download from printer memory or printed for the purpose of job and resource management.
- Superior Connectivity
- The Epson Stylus Pro 7800 includes USB 2.0, and IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interfaces and an Epson Expansion Slot for installing the included 10/100 BaseT Ethernet card. It also includes Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh and Windows, and is fully supported by most leading third party RIPs and workflows.
- Includes Custom-designed PostScript Language Level 3 Compatible RIP by ColorBurst
- This fully compatible software RIP for both Macintosh OS X and Windows XP is SWOP Certified and PANTONE Licensed to include the full PANTONE Color Library. This RIP also supports Professional Color Management Technology, including separate Input ICC profiles for RGB, CMYK, and Grayscale images. Other features of this RIP include Ink Limiting Technology with CMYK curve adjustments for each ink channel, built-in Printer Linearization Technology compatible with many third-party spectrophotometer devices, an easy-to-use RIP Server Interface and Job Manager with Hot Folder Capability, and much more!
- World Class Service and Support
- The Epson Stylus Pro 7800 includes free one-year of coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day full unit exchange service. There is also optional one or two-year Epson Preferred Plus Service plans available.