The Production Premium CS3 Software Suite for Mac from Adobe is a software bundle that is aimed at video producers and editors.
The bundle includes Photoshop CS3 Extended, Illustrator CS3, Flash CS3 Professional, After Effects CS3 Professional, Premiere Pro CS3, Soundbooth CS3, Encore CS3, and OnLocation CS3. Also included are the components common to CS3 applications. The include Bridge CS3, Version Cue CS3, Device Central CS3, Dynamic Link, Stock Photos, and Acrobat Connect.
Most applications in the suite are Universal Binary applications that run at native speeds on both PowerPC and Intel Macs. The exceptions to this are Premiere Pro, Encore, Soundbooth and Dynamic Link, which run on Intel Macs only. OnLocation is only compatible with Windows XP via Boot Camp on the Mac platform.
- Bridge CS3
- Bridge is a file browser and organization tool for the Creative Suite. It allows you to group Photoshop images into stacks, rate files on a star basis and view metadata. It is an essential tool for anyone who works with a large amount of media.
- Photoshop Extended CS3
Photoshop Extended is the industry-standard image editing suite with 3D support for film, video, multimedia, engineering and science professionals. The software allows you to import popular 3D image model formats, work with medical DICOM images and create animations.
Extended can also work with 2D images, as it encompasses all of the features of the standard edition of Photoshop. This allows you to edit stills using a powerful layer-based approach. It also features smart filters to add artistic effects, powerful color and curve controls, digital camera raw image support and text tools.
- Illustrator CS3
- Illustrator is a powerful vector graphics creation application. The software features standard drawing tools as well as flexible color and typography features. The software features integration with Adobe Flash and support for Pantone color swatches. Illustrator is often used by graphic designers, web content creators and visual effects specialists in creative projects.
- Flash CS3 Professional
- Flash is a development suite that is used to create Flash animations, videos and applications. Flash is the industry-standard file format for multimedia web and mobile content delivery. The software features full integration with the other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Premiere Pro. Flash is an essential tool for multimedia web development.
- After Effects CS3 Professional
- After Effects is a powerful 2D and 3D compositing and animation suite. The software can be used to create motion graphics for film, video, DVD, the web and mobile devices. It features an animation engine in which any frame can be keyframed. After Effects integrates seamlessly with other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite, allowing for a streamlined workflow when working on projects in conjunction with Flash, Photoshop or Premiere Pro.
- Premiere Pro CS3
- Premiere Pro is a professional video NLE and DVD creation suite. The software includes all the great features you expect from NLE software including multiple video and audio tracks, color correction and native support for digital camcorders. It also supports multicamera editing, Adobe PDF clip notes and Blu-ray disc authoring. Premiere Pro supports SD, HD and HDV video formats, and can even export video for use in Flash. It is an excellent editing choice for both professionals and hobbyists alike.
- Soundbooth CS3
- Soundbooth is a single-track audio editor that is designed for use by video editors who may not be audio experts. It features a powerful 3D spectrum analyzer and other tools that are designed to remove pops, hiss and other unwanted background noise from audio.
- Encore CS3
- Premiere Pro includes Encore, a full DVD production suite with support for DVD, Blu-ray and Flash. You'll be able to create a single project and choose to build for one of these formats on the fly, eliminating the need for maintaining separate projects for SD, HD and web authoring.
- OnLocation, formerly Serious Magic DV Rack, is a suite of video recording and monitoring tools that allows you to use a computer as a portable digital video recorder, field monitor and video signal evaluation processor. This application requires an Intel Mac with Boot Camp and Windows XP to run.
- Device Central CS3
- Device Central is designed to help developers create applications for display on mobile phones, PDAs and other portable devices. Device emulators will show you exactly what your project will look like on a specific mobile device, going so far as to emulate its processing power and memory. You'll be able to control the application using a clickable interface that reproduces buttons and controls on emulated device. The included library of devices is limited to those that support Flash Lite.