The HD16CD from Zoom combines high-quality multitrack recording with easy-to-use control surface features for an all-in-one solution that's completely compatible with your DAW. The HD16CD records 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files to the 80GB internal hard drive, providing about 240 hours of recording in mono mode. Each of the 16 tracks has 10 virtual tracks. On-board editing functions let you correct your audio, which can then be bounced to a master track and burned to a CD using the built-in CD-R/RW drive.
The HD16CD has eight XLR/TRS combo jack inputs, MIDI in and out connectors, a stereo RCA main output, a S/PDIF optical digital output, and a high-speed USB 2.0 port so you can connect the system to your Mac or PC. It has 14 faders and several other easy-to-use controls for mixing and editing. A drum and bass machine has plenty of preprogrammed material to provide you with fantastic backup in a variety of genres. You also have access to 130 effect types and 370 DSP patches so you can fully customize your sound.
Powerful Cubase LE software is provided that you can install on your computer for even more recording and editing options. The best part is that the HD16CD can stay connected to your computer and act as the control surface for the software, giving you hard controls for adjusting EQ, fading, mixing, and more. You can also use the MIDI time code and MIDI clock capabilities to sync your audio with a DAW or an external sequencer or recorder.
- Multitrack Recorder and Control Surface
- Multitrack recording and editing features, plus the ability to control a DAW, all in a compact, desktop unit.
- Versatile Recording
- With 16 real tracks and 160 virtual tracks, you can record several takes in CD-quality 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files to the 80GB internal hard drive. A dedicated mastering track allows you to bounce your finished work to a single stereo track.
- On-Board Editing
- Standard copy, erase, and move functions are included, as well as trim, time stretch, pitch adjust, fade, and reverse features, allowing you to achieve full production quality with one device.
- Use any audio in the system to create the backing for a song with a few simple keystrokes. 96 preset loops are included to get you started.
- Intuitive Layout
- All of the faders, keys, and control knobs are positioned for easy use. Each of the tracks has 3-way EQ adjustment and a 5-segment LED meter.
- Eight XLR/TRS input connectors with phantom power allow you to connect microphones or instruments for recording. Master output can be via stereo RCA jacks or a S/PDIF optical digital output. Two 1/4" headphone outputs are provided for monitoring.
- MIDI I/O connectors allow you to connect to a computer, recorder, or sequencer for further capability. MIDI clock and time code functions let you sync your audio with external sources.
- High-Speed USB
- A high-speed USB 2.0 connector lets you transfer audio to or from your Mac or PC, as well as use the HD16CD as a control surface for your DAW software.
- Drum and Bass Machine
- Preinstalled drum and bass sounds let you create the perfect backup, no matter what genre you're working in. Soft-touch keys make it easy to control and assemble the sounds.
- Preset Rhythms
- Hundreds of rhythm patterns in a variety of genres let you lay down a rhythm track for your song with ease.
- With the HD16CD you have 130 types of effects and 370 DSP patches at your disposal to fully customize your sound.
- Built-In CD-R/RW Drive
- The built-in CD-R/RW drive allows you to burn your work onto disc, so you never have to bring your work outside the HD16CD if you don't wish to. You can also use the drive to import audio.
- Cubase LE Included
- Powerful Cubase LE software is included for further recording and editing capabilities. The software can be controlled with the HD16CD for a tactile experience.