Soundbooth CS3 from Adobe is a stand-alone software application that allows for creating, editing and cleaning up audio in film, video, and Adobe Flash software projects. Alternatively, the software can be launched from inside Adobe's Premiere Pro using the "Edit in Soundbooth" command. After the edits are complete, the files are automatically updated back in the Adobe Premiere Pro time-line or project window.
Using on-clip controls, the user is able to make fast edits, while intuitive task-based tools allow for cleaning up recordings, polishing voice-overs, customizing music, applying sound effects and much more. Built for video editors, web designers/developers and motion graphics artists, Soundbooth CS3 software delivers tools for everyday audio editing, sound design and music creation, all within a familiar Adobe interface.
Included with the software are dozens of Soundbooth Scores. These are music themes that can be customized to match a given project. Intensity can be adjusted to match the project's visual mood, along with length changes to accommodate different clip lengths. Additional music themes and sound effects can be downloaded from Soundbooth Resource Central, an Internet resource provided by Adobe.
The software's intuitive interface allows even the novice "audio editor" to achieve professional results and is available for both Windows XP/Vista equipped PCs, as well as Intel based Mac computers.
Note: Available for Intel based Macs only.
- Fast cut, copy and paste functions using clip-based tools
- Provides time stretch and pitch shift utilizing the powerful Radius engine from iZotope
- Unlimited undo layers in the Undo History panel provides the flexibility to experiment without committing changes
- Audio cleanup allows for detecting and fixing common flaws in audio files such as hisses, hums, buzzing, crackling and pops
- Mix Paste feature allows two existing audio assets to be combined quickly
- Spectral Frequency Display analyzes waveforms and provides color coded spectrometer-like display. Edits can be made within the display using tools similar to those in Adobe Photoshop
- Allows for splitting stereo and six-channel files into multiple mono files to edit individual channels
- More than fifteen high-quality audio filters including reverb, echo, EQ, time and pitch stretch, distortion, chorus and more
- Effects Rack allows for stacking up to five effects with real-time previews and the ability to save as presets
- Includes a variety of preset effects combinations
- Allows for record high-quality mono or stereo audio files, such as voice-overs, with markers and take numbering
- Silent parts can be added to an audio file to create pacing or to provide time for echoes to sound
- On-clip editing controls let the user quickly adjust volume, add fades, or trim a track using on-clip handles
- Convenient task panel provides organization by task for executing common commands, including Create Music, Remove Noise, and Adjust Time and Pitch
- Cue support for Adobe Flash allows for inserting and editing cue points while playing, recording, or editing audio, that can then be used to drive animation for projects created in Adobe Flash software
Options and Audio Device Support
- File conversion options allow for converting audio file sample rates and bit depths, as well as switching between mono and stereo
- Time-line can display as samples, minutes and seconds, or frames
- Core Audio support
- Tight integration with Adobe Premiere Pro provides smooth round trip editing that allows the user to send assets from Adobe Premiere Pro using the "Edit in Soundbooth" command. After the edits are complete, the files are automatically updated back in the Adobe Premiere Pro time-line or project window
File Management and Format Support
- Adobe Media Encoder exports to major video formats such as MPEG-2, H.264, RealVideo, FLV and more. Allows for resizing and cropping video during export and automatically transferring files via FTP
- Support for leading audio formats, including WAV, AIFF, MP3 and WMA
- Opens video files such as MPEG, QuickTime, AVI and WMV and allows the user to then edit and clean up the audio
- Adobe Bridge provides enhanced file management for searching and accessing project files, previewing and applying settings, running batch processes and tagging assets with XMP metadata
- Soundbooth Resource Central provides the latest information, new sound effects and Soundbooth Scores