The MIDI Manual: A Practical Guide to MIDI in the Project Studio, 3rd Edition - The MIDI Manual is a complete reference on MIDI, written by a well-respected sound engineer and author.
This best-selling guide provides a clear explanation of what MIDI is, how to use electronic instruments and an explanation of sequencers and how to use them. You will learn how to set up an efficient MIDI system and how to get the best out of your music.
The MIDI Manual is packed full of useful tips and practical examples on sequencing and mixing techniques. It also covers editors/librarians, working with a score, MIDI in mass media and multimedia and synchronization. The MIDI spec is set out in detail along with the helpful guidelines on using the implementation chart.
Illustrated throughout with helpful photos and screengrabs, this is the most readable and clear book on MIDI available.
Readership: Musicians, sound engineers, music technology and audio engineering students
- Complete illustrated guide to the MIDI spec and explanation of the implementation chart
- Practical advice on sampling and sequencing, covering all the major DAWs
- Includes all the latest developments in hardware and software
- What is MIDI?
- MIDI 1.0
- The MIDI Studio
- The Hardware
- Electronic Musical Instruments
- Digital Audio in MIDI Production
- Groove Toys and Techniques
- Music Printing Programs
- MIDI in Mass Media
- MIDI-Based Mixing and Automation
- Appendix A: The MIDI 1.0 Specification
- Appendix B: MIDI Distribution and Processing
- Appendix C: The MIDI Implementation Chart
- Appendix D: Continued Education