The Earthworks DK/50 Drum Microphone Kit is a three-piece microphone set that includes two QTC50 omnidirectional condenser microphones and an SR30 cardioid condenser microphone. The kit is designed to meet the demands of professional engineers who prefer minimal miking techniques to achieve detailed, yet spacious drum recordings.
For maximum results, the QTC50 omnidirectional microphones should be placed over the drum throne in an X/Y pattern, while the SR30 is used at a 45-degree angle on the kick drum. Also included in this set are three LevelPads and one KickPad for in-line control over frequency response and attenuation. Additional accessories include three foam windscreens and mounting clamps, stainless steel windscreen for the SR30 and a rugged road case.
- QTC50 Omnidirectional Microphones
- Two QTC50 omnidirectional condenser microphones deliver the sensitivity and generous pick up pattern to achieve highly detailed recordings while positioned overhead.
- SR30 Cardioid Microphone
- The SR30 cardioid microphone greatly reduces off-axis noise, ambiance and feedback while provide sonic characteristics suitable for close-capturing drums.
- LevelPads In-Line Attenuators
- Three LevelPads are attached in-line of the microphone connection and attenuate input signal and reduces noise associated with high transients and peaks.
- KickPad In-line Attenuator and EQ Processor
- The KickPad attenuates audio much like the LevelPad while simultaneously accentuating frequencies associated with kick drums.
- All Necessary Accessories
- The complete kit includes windscreens, mounts, and a road-worthy storage case.