The DN9340E Helix series equalizer from Klark Teknik is a two-channel digital equalizer packaged in a 2RU, 19" rack-mount housing. The two channels can be set-up and controlled independently as two separate mono equalizers, or linked for stereo operation.
The unit has complete front panel control, which allows it to be used, both as a stand-alone unit, or as a master controller in a larger set-up that combines it with single, or multiple DN9344E slave units. The DN9340E can also function as a slave unit when working with remote PC or mixing console control.
In addition to rotary controls and a large, bright LCD display, a two-part, front-panel touch strip is used to select individual faders or filters, and can also be used to adjust gain settings. Pressing either part briefly selects a particular filter or fader.
One of the many great features of the EQ is the ability to have available simultaneously, both graphic and parametric equalization. For example, this allows the engineer to setup a sound check for a particular space, using the parametric mode, with its maximum flexibility. Once the show starts, the engineer can flip to graphic mode, which now starts off from a "flat" baseline. Any problems that need fast attention during the show can now be addressed using the speed of operation of graphic EQ.
Another aspect of the Helix system is space efficiency, allowing exceptionally compact EQ systems to be assembled. For example, one DN9340E and six DN9344E units would provide twenty-six channels of EQ, each with graphic, parametric and dynamic EQ, plus flexible filters, all in just an eight rack-space enclosure.
- Dual-channel digital equalizer in a standard 2U 19" rack-mount chassis
- Can function as either a master or slave unit
- Each audio channel includes source select (analog or digital), input gain, delay up to one second, up to four filters, two dynamic EQ bands, up to twelve parametric EQ bands and a thirty-one band graphic EQ
- High- and low-pass filters selectable from notch, high pass, low pass, high shelf and low shelf, with 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 and 48dB per octave slopes for the pass filters, and selectable slopes of 6 and 12dB per octave and +/-12dB of gain for the shelving filters
- Dynamic EQ sections have independent high- and low-level thresholds and gain and can be selected using parametric EQ, or high- or low-shelf filters. Includes independent attack and release times
- Delay times can be set in milliseconds and microseconds, or in distance units (metric and imperial) with the ability to temperature compensate
- AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs
- Digital inputs run at any sample rate up to 96kHz with internal sample rate conversion. The sample rate converter can be bypassed when the incoming digital signal has a sample rate of 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- Wordclock input allows the system to lock to an external clock source. In addition, the word clock input can be used to only clock the digital outputs allowing digital audio to come into the unit at one sample rate and go out at another
- Thirty-two user memories and thirty-two, non-volatile preset memories
- Can link to Helix DN9331 Rapide hardware controller for instant access to graphic functions
- Solo Tracking System in conjunction with a Midas Heritage, Legend and Siena mixing consoles
- Dual Ethernet ports
- Backwards compatible to non Ethernet DN9340 using Ethernet to serial converters