The DN9344E Helix series digital equalizer from Klark Teknik is a single rack-space slave version of two complete DN9340E units. By packaging four channels of Helix processing into a compact form, the unit offers huge space efficiency, with a cost per channel lower than many other products. The DN9344E can be controlled from a master DN9340E unit, or by an external computer, and also has provision for contact closure operation.
One of the many great features of the EQ is the ability to have available simultaneously, both graphic and parametric equalization. For example, this allows the engineer to setup a sound check for a particular space, using the parametric mode, with its maximum flexibility. Once the show starts, the engineer can flip to graphic mode, which now starts off from a "flat" baseline. Any problems that need fast attention during the show can now be addressed using the speed of operation of graphic EQ.
Another aspect of the Helix system is space efficiency, allowing exceptionally compact EQ systems to be assembled. For example, one DN9340E and six DN9344E units would provide twenty-six channels of EQ, each with graphic, parametric and dynamic EQ, plus flexible filters, all in just an eight rack-space enclosure.
- Quad-channel digital equalizer containing two complete Helix DN9340E EQs in a standard 1U 19" rack-mount chassis
- Requires remote control via either a DN9340E or a PC and ELGAR and EQ Remote Control software
- Each audio channel includes source select (analog or digital), input gain, delay up to one second, up to four filters, two dynamic EQ bands, up to twelve parametric EQ bands and a thirty-one band graphic EQ
- High- and low-pass filters selectable from notch, high pass, low pass, high shelf and low shelf, with 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 and 48dB per octave slopes for the pass filters, and selectable slopes of 6 and 12dB per octave and +/-12dB of gain for the shelving filters
- Dynamic EQ sections have independent high- and low-level thresholds and gain and can be selected using parametric EQ, or high- or low-shelf filters. Includes independent attack and release times
- Delay times can be set in milliseconds and microseconds, or in distance units (metric and imperial) with the ability to temperature compensate
- AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs
- Digital inputs run at any sample rate up to 96kHz with internal sample rate conversion. The sample rate converter can be bypassed when the incoming digital signal has a sample rate of 44.1kHz or 48kHz
- Wordclock input allows the system to lock to an external clock source. In addition, the word clock input can be used to only clock the digital outputs allowing digital audio to come into the unit at one sample rate and go out at another
- Thirty-two user memories and thirty-two, non-volatile preset memories
- Can link to Helix DN9331 Rapide hardware controller for instant access to graphic functions
- Solo Tracking System in conjunction with a Midas Heritage, Legend and Siena mixing consoles
- Dual Ethernet ports
- Backwards compatible to non Ethernet DN9340 using Ethernet to serial converters