The Sony HDR-CX7 is a lightweight camcorder capable of delivering 1080i video via Memory Stick PRO Duo memory cards, using the AVCHD format. This is Sony's first camcorder that allows you to record HD and SD video as well as still images directly to a memory stick.
The camera comes equipped with a large CMOS sensor. Sony's CMOS ClearVID technology helps increase resolution and image clarity while keeping the camera compact enough to take almost anywhere.
Additionally, the camera features both HD Component and HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) output, along with optical image stabilization. All of this, combined with Sony's reputation for durability and reliability, makes the HDR-CX7 a great way to break into HD video recording.
- AVCHD Direct To Memory Sticks
- The HDR-CX7 records HD and SD video as well as still images directly onto Memory Stick PRO Duo Media for easy transfer to PCs for emailing, printing or sharing with other compatible Memory Stick PRO Duo devices
- ClearVID CMOS Technology
- Sony's ClearVID sensors are positioned at a 45° angle. Since each pixel is positioned at this angle the result is far clearer diagonal lines. Images will appear crisper, without the apparent "jaggies" that often plague video signals.
- Accessory Hot Shoe
- Plug in a microphone, light or headphones to the hot shoe and the camcorder will instantly supply the accessory with power.
- Dual Record
- The Dual Record function allows you to snap a photo as you are filming video.
- HDMI Output
- Many consumer products are adopting High Definition Media Interface (HDMI) connections for transmitting uncompressed digital HD video signals. Sony has upped the ante by incorporating this into the already extensive array of video output choices on the FX7. Simply hook the camera up to your HDTV via this interface and view all your footage the way it was meant to be seen: purely digital!
- Small and Lightweight
- The HDR-CX7's lightweight body not only enables users to take this camera almost anywhere, it also produces far less arm strain, resulting in longer shoots.
- Optical Stabilization
- Sony has incorporated the sophisticated Super SteadyShot® optical stabilization system on the HDR-CX7. This technology helps users achieve glass-smooth shots even when conditions are less than forgiving.
- Expanded Focus Assist
- Focusing high definition can be very difficult on smaller LCDs. Their size makes it very hard to discern whether a scene is completely in focus or not. Sony's answer to this phenomenon is to by giving users the ability to zoom in; by localizing a segment of the frame, verifying focus becomes worlds easier.
- Precision Focus and Zoom Controls
- The HDR-CX7 features both a zoom and focus ring capable of making precise adjustments while having the tactile feeling of manual controls.
- Highly Customizable
- Buttons can be mapped to a variety of different functions on the outside of the unit, allowing users to customize the camcorder for their specific needs. This can be very useful, especially if different situations demand several user-defined controls being readily available.
- 10x Carl Zeiss Lens with Tele-Macro Mode
The 10x lens fitted to the HDR-CX7 can be very useful when subjects are further away, such as when shooting live events and sports.
Tele Macro function is great for those close-up shots, images shot in the Tele Macro mode will have the subject properly focused with the background unfocused so that the subject stands out.