The Bosch VDC-455V03-20S is a high performance camera encased in a rugged housing that serves to effectively protect the camera both from vandals and adverse weather conditions. This makes it an excellent choice for indoor or outdoor installation in potentially unstable areas such as construction sites, schools, prisons, government and transportation facilities and numerous other applications.
This camera mounts easily on any flat wall or ceiling surface.
- Vandal-Resistant & Compact Design
- Maximum security can only be achieved when the camera itself remains safe in its installation perch. Built of a rugged aluminum material, this camera is capable of withstanding the equivalent of 120 lbs of direct force, now that's some kind of tough. This will ensure that the camera is kept safe from intentional or accidental damage. At the same time, this camera maintains a low profile and stylish appearance, making it an excellent choice for installation in commercial or residential applications alike where it won't distract from its surrounding decor.
- Built-In Heater
- To further increase outdoor effectiveness, this camera features a built-in heater capable of maintaining internal temperatures at optimum levels even in outside temperatures as low as -58°F (-50°C). The heater is automatically activated as soon as temperatures drop below a certain level.
- Easy to Install & Operate
- Designed with the installer and user in mind, this camera incorporates various features to facilitate easy setup and operation. These include a lens wizard function, which auto detects the type of lens used and adjusts accordingly, and a focus aid feature to ensure sharply defined images under various lighting conditions. Most importantly though, is its support for Bosch Bilinx technology, which uses the standard coax cable to transmit various bi-directional signals such as camera settings and controls in par with the video signal.
- Low Light Sensitivity with NightSense
- NightSense is a light enhancing feature more commonly referred to by other manufacturers as a Day/Night function. When light levels fall, NightSense auto (or manually) switches the camera from high resolution color to an ultra sensitive monochrome mode, thereby ensuring the best possible image quality day and night. In NightSense mode, light sensitivity is increased by a factor of three. In layman's terms, this means that the camera is capable of producing visible images in light levels as low as 0.18 lux.