The Behringer Ultimate Bass Synthesizer is a full-featured bass synth in a compact pedal. A wide choice of waveform parameters and separate dry and affected level controls are augmented by a Pitch Hold feature that lets you play over a sustained synth note, as well as an expression pedal input that allows for manual control of the synth parameters as you play.
With its flexible output and fine control over synth parameters, the Ultimate Bass Synth gives you the fat, powerful sounds of analog synths in an affordable and compact stomp box.
- Four Waveforms in Eleven Modes
- Four waveforms (sawtooth, square, pulse, and wave) and their variants give you a range of basic synth tones to start from.
- Extensive Control
- Each waveform can be manipulated several ways. The frequencies filtered and how long the filtering lasts can be dialed in, giving you a tone that matches the mood and tempo of the song.
- Separate Outputs
- If you want, you can send the direct bass signal and the affected signal out separate outputs. This lets you mix the sounds together in your recording software, emphasizing one sound or the other at different times.
- Pitch Hold
- An exciting extra of the BSY600 is the Pitch Hold feature. By holding the pedal down, you instruct the unit to continuously generate the synth tone. You can then play over the held tone, for as long as you hold the pedal down.
- Expression Pedal Input
- By plugging any expression pedal into the unit, you can directly control the filter sweep of the synth as you play, for synth tones that exactly match the needs of the song.