The VC-300HD Bi-Directional Multi-Format Converter with Audio Delay from Edirol / Roland is a device designed to convert the format of a wide variety of video and audio signals. This model is designed to work with HDV, DV, component, DVI, and SD/HD-SDI video signals and IEEE1394, analog, and embedded SD/HD-SDI audio signals. It will also accept signals and direct connections from RGB sources. Output devices such as projectors and flat-panel displays can be directly connected to this unit.
Conversion is managed with high-quality A/D and D/A converters for input and output along with internal 4:4:4 10-bit signal processing. The device is also compatible with a wide variety of HDV cameras and VTRs from Sony, Canon, and JVC and offers a processor for encoding and decoding HDV in real time, as well as simultaneous processing of the audio signal.
It also offers automatic detection of the input source and simultaneous output of the converted signal to multiple formats, which enables the recording or display of a single source to multiple devices. Other features include bi-directional conversion & scaling, genlock with external devices, time code and embedded audio, and an audio delay function.
- Bi-Directional Audio-Video Conversion
- Use this versatile device to manage multi-format audio and video signals both to and from components connected to this unit.
- High-Quality Conversion
- The converter uses A/D and D/A converters for input and output along with internal 4:4:4 10-bit signal processing to ensure signal integrity.
- HDV Compatibility
- It is compatible with a wide range of HDV cameras from major manufacturers and will encode and decode HDV in real time with simultaneous audio-signal processing.
- Auto-Format Detection
- This unit will automatically detect the input source and simultaneously output the signal to multiple terminals, enabling a single source to be distributed to multiple components or displays.
- Signal Management
- Features such as genlock, time code & embedded audio, and audio delay give you more control over signal management.