The 15" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer from Apple gives you all the power of a Macintosh computer in an easily portable and attractive form. The laptop is housed in an aluminum alloy enclosure, which is designed to resist stains and scratches. It is designed to meet the needs of video editors, graphics designers, educators and businesspeople.
The MacBook Pro is Apple's professional-level portable computer and is powered by the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. The Core 2 Duo is actually two processors built into a single chip, which translates into much better performance than a single processor chip. The computer is loaded with a 120GB 5400rpm hard drive, 2GB of RAM, 802.11n Airport Extreme wireless networking, integrated Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in speakers, a widescreen display, and Apple's Dual-Layer 8x SuperDrive, a DVD and CD burner that supports Dual-Layered DVD discs.
All this hardware runs on Apple's OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system with Rosetta technology. This allows you to seamlessly run legacy applications as well as Universal Binaries that have been designed to run on both PowerPC and Intel chips, making the MacBook Pro a great choice for your home or office.
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- The system is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor powered by a 800MHz frontside bus. The Core 2 Duo features two processors on a single chip, which increases system efficiency and reduces power consumption compared to two-chip dual processor systems.
- 15" Widescreen LCD Display
- The 15" LCD display delivers crisp, clear graphics. It is large enough to allow you to work efficiently while still keeping the laptop small enough to be easily portable. The widescreen format gives you more viewing area than a standard aspect ratio display.
- Front Row
- Apple's Front Row software turns your MacBook Pro into a sleekly designed media player. Working in conjunction with an Apple remote control, you can easily watch DVD movies and music videos, browse your iPhoto library and play music through iTunes. Integrating your entertainment center and computer is ideal for users with limited space such as a dorm room or apartment, or for those who simply want to get more out of their computer than word processing and web browsing.
- iSight Camera
- The built-in iSight camera allows you to participate in video conferencing using the included iChat AV software or easily setup a web cam. The camera is integrated in the computer's design, taking the ugly "bubble camera" style that is often associated with web cams out of the picture.
- MagSafe Power Connector
- The MacBook Pro features the innovative MagSafe Power Connector. The adapter secures to the computer via a magnetic connection. If you trip over your power cord, you no longer have to worry about dragging your laptop off a desk or table - the cord will simply disconnect and no damage will be done.
- Mac OS X Leopard
- The computer is pre-loaded with Mac OS 10.5. Mac OS X Leopard v10.5 gives you everything you need to live in the digital age. The entire system and its applications are designed to work well with each other and suit your individual computing style.
- nVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Graphics Card
- The display card offers lightning fast graphics, powerful 3D effects, and a dual-link DVI output for an external LCD. This allows you to work effectively and crisply with dual displays, which increases productivity in many applications.
- 8x SuperDrive
- The SuperDrive allows you to burn DVD and CD discs at lightning fast speeds, making it easy to transport and archive data from your computer. The drive offers full support for high-capacity DVD dual-layer DVD discs.
- FireWire and USB 2.0 Interfaces
- The laptop features connections for FireWire-400, FireWire-800, and USB 2.0 devices. This gives you a world of options when choosing external peripherals for use with your computer. An ExpressCard/34 slot is also built into the notebook for expansion cards.
- The 15" MacBook Pro weighs only 5.4 pounds, making it easy to take it with you wherever you go.
- Sudden Motion Sensor
- Apple's Sudden Motion Sensor, a standard feature on the MacBook Pro, automatically parks your hard drive when it detects a sudden change in position and accelerated movement. This protects your data in the event of dropping your laptop.
- Rosetta Technology
- The changeover to Intel-powered Macintosh computers is made seamless with OS X Leopard's built-in Rosetta technology. You can open applications written for older PowerPC Macintosh computers without any special steps -- just click and run.
- Optional Protection
- Apple provides 90 days of free phone support and a one-year limited warranty. You may choose to add an AppleCare Protection Plan to this package, which will extend coverage of the computer for 3-years from the original date of purchase, giving you peace of mind and ensuring that your system will run optimally for its effective life cycle. AppleCare can be purchased at any time within the first year of ownership of the computer.