The Panasonic WVCW974 is a high performance dome camera equipped with the ultimate in PTZ technology; Auto Tracking. This function provides the camera with the ability to follow a person or object moving across its field of view while keeping it in the center of the screen. Auto Tracking is based on a complex template matching algorithm and is fully customizable to recognize an object by its size, shape and color characteristics in comparison to the object's surrounding images.
When the camera detects an object with theses matching attributes, it immediately locks onto it and follows it across the screen to the extent of its maximum pan and tilt range and speed. At the same time, it engages its zoom function to bring the object into close view for better identification. A masking feature also takes into account the object's course and degree of movement to prevent false tracking. Auto Tracking can also be manually activated at the push of a button using an optional Panasonic System Controller.
- Built-In Fan/Heater
- For maximum outdoor protection, this dome camera comes equipped with an IP66 rated enclosure along with a built-in heater and blower. Working in concert, these effectively keep internal temperatures at optimum operating levels, allowing safe camera installation outdoors in temperatures as low as -40°F and as high as 122°F. Additionally, this camera uses a sunshield to protect electronics from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Day/Night Function with SDIII
- When confronted by low light levels or tricky lighting situations, this camera has a host of advanced internal controls that it can readily tap into and self correct, thus ensuring dependable 24-hour security monitoring. Chiefly among those are an SDIII function with 128x dynamic range and a Day/Night function. SDIII effectively takes care of such problems as harsh back lit conditions and images containing a mix of very bright and dark areas within the same frame. Day/Night function auto switches the camera from high resolution color to an ultra sensitive B/W mode when light levels fall.
- Image Stabilization
- A built-in image stabilizer auto corrects and smoothes out shaky images. The ability to compensate for shaky images will allow camera installation in airports, highways, train stations and similar areas prone to high frequency vibrations.
- Scene Change Detection
- Scene Change Detection has the ability to sense and activate an alert in the event of unauthorized camera tampering such as the lens being spray painted, covered, removed, defocused or the camera angle changed.