The RM1 from Digidesign is a professional nearfield studio monitor that delivers reference-quality audio in a sleek package that's perfect for home, project, mobile studios or editing suites. Co-developed with PMC, the RM1 uses sophisticated technology to produce better results than other similarly-sized studio monitors.
PMC's Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) technology allows the monitor to have a consistent frequency response, regardless of volume. The cabinet offers wide dispersion for an excellent listening experience, even from an off-axis position. An onboard DSP engine provides accurate digital crossover for terrific imaging and a bass port emulation mode that simulates the tonal qualities of a ported speaker. You can also adjust gain, high and low frequencies, and speaker placement settings for optimal performance in your space.
The 5.5" woofer and 1" tweeter are each powered by highly-efficient Class-D linear amplifiers that provide the precision and quality of audiophile-grade amplifiers, but offer the size advantages of digital amplifiers. This gives the drivers maximum power with much lower heat generation. The rear panel of the cabinet offers analog and digital XLR inputs and RJ45 digital in and thru jacks for connection to virtually any professional sound system.
- Compact Form Factor
- Sleek, compact size is perfect for home, project, or mobile studios.
- Advanced Transmission Line Technology
- Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) technology from PCM allows the RM1 to provide a consistent frequency response, regardless of volume. Proprietary drivers, amplifiers, electronics, and construction materials ensure a highly-accurate response with excellent tone, clarity, and dynamic range for great-sounding mixes.
- Wide Dispersion
- The cabinet is specially designed to offer excellent sound dispersion, for an accurate frequency response in off-axis listening positions.
- Bass Port Emulation
- The Bass Port Emulation feature simulates the tonal characteristics of widely-used bass-reflex speakers, allowing you to switch back and forth between the RM1's accurate representation, and one with added bass coloration.
- 48-Bit DSP Engine
- The onboard DSP engine lets you control speaker position settings, trim level, and digital crossover. The digital crossover has virtually no phase shift for signals that are interference and distortion-free.
- Audiophile-Grade Amplifiers
- Each driver has its own dedicated Class D amplifier with a linear power supply to provide the best performance and efficiency in a small space while minimizing distortion.
- High-Quality A/D Converters
- The analog input converter samples at 24-bit/96kHz and is locked with a low-noise clock oscillator.
- Analog and digital XLR inputs and RJ45 in and thru connectors allow you to connect to virtually any professional sound setup.
- Selectable Voltage
- A rear-panel voltage selector enables you to use the monitor worldwide.
- Rear-panel controls are provided for Bass Port Emulation on/off, high and low frequency filters, channel assign, and gain trim.
- Mounting Points
- Four rear-panel M6 mounting points allow you to wall-mount the monitor with an optional bracket (sold separately).