The Yamaha N8 Digital Mixing Studio delivers the flexibility, processing and sound quality of a digital mixer, with the familiarity and comfort of an analog mixer's control.
The N8 is an eight-channel recording mixer with four high quality microphone preamps, four mono line inputs and two stereo-coupled line inputs. Two FireWire ports integrate directly with a PC or Mac based computer and Cubase AI4 is also included to provide a complete desktop recording and mixing workstation.
Internal digital processing supports 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sample rates and features such as Sweet Spot Morphing compression, High-resolution Rev-X Reverb and a 3-band musical EQ deliver all the internal processing necessary for intuitive, professional standard mixing. Additional features include MIDI input and output ports for interfacing controller keyboards and other MIDI devices, and a foot-switch for guitarists and other musicians.
The Yamaha N8 is an ideal project studio mixer for anyone who desires the flexibility of digital audio processing, without sacrificing an analog mixer's interface, routing and feel.
- Integral Digital Processing
- Built in A/D and D/A converters digitize audio and allow for flexible processing and enhanced sound quality.
- Sweet Spot Compression
- Sweet Spot compression is provided on every input channel and provides the perfect amount of compression without complicated settings.
- High-Resolution Rev-X Reverb
- The High-Resolution Rev-X Reverb processor provides professional quality digital reverb and spatial effects.
- Cubase AI2 Software
- The included Cubase AI2 software provides a complete, desktop recording workstation.
- FireWire Connections
- Two FireWire connections are provided for direct integration with Mac and Windows based software. The FireWire ports support twelve audio input and output channels.
- Software Control Surface
- Transport controls are featured for full control over Cubase AI2.
- MIDI Input and Output
- MIDI input and output ports provide an interface for keyboard controllers, and MIDI devices.