MaxxVolume Native from Waves is a four-way dynamics processor plug-in, that combines several technologies from other Waves' processors into a single, unified interface. Building on the L2 Ultramaximizer, C1 Parametric Compander, Renaissance Vox, and Renaissance Compressor, the plug-in provides a unique functionality for mixing and mastering, as well as broadcast and post-production.
When used with vocals, the processor allows the vocal to stay in focus with automatic level riding. When working with instruments, the plug-in can control the dynamic range without the artifacts of compressors and limiters. And for Broadcast, the engineer can bring any program material to a fixed destination level, making it ideal for radio and TV, Podcasting, internet streaming, and more.
Note: Requires an iLok if one is not present on the system.
- Four-way loudness maximizing plug-in
- Includes low-level compression for controlling the maximum amount of gain makeup applied to the signal below the specified threshold
- Gating function that sets the level below which gating (downward expansion) is applied. Ranges from 0dB to -96dB
- Includes high-level compression
- Leveler control sets both the threshold above which leveling is applied, and the target to which the audio signal is leveled
- Mac Native plug-in support includes RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, Audio Units and MAS (DP5 only without automation) for PPC computers and RTAS, AudioSuite, VST, Audio Units for Intel based Macs
- Windows Native plug-in support includes RTAS, AudioSuite, VST and DirectX formats